The Organizing Committee of the Busan Indie Connect Festival (http://bicfest.org/ hereafter the "Organizer") has the following policy to protect the personal information and the rights and interests of a user and smoothly deal with a user's difficulties related to personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
The "Organizer" processes personal information for the following purposes. The processed personal information shall not be used for any purpose other than the following purposes and will be subject to a prior agreement when the purpose of the use is changed.
1) Online Q&As
2) Issues related to BIC Festival registration, Exhibitors management, Marketing activities and so on
3) Marketing purposes
Personal information is processed for the purpose of developing new services (products) and providing customized services, BIC planning events, participation opportunities by providing related information, and validating services.
1. The “Organizer” shall process and retain personal information within the retention period in accordance with laws and regulations or retention and use period agreed upon at the time of collection of personal information from the subject of the information.
- Until the purpose of processing is completed or until the accounting document is stored
The user of the "rights and obligations of the information subject and the legal representative and the method of exercising" may execute the following rights as the subjects of personal information.
1) An information subject may demand access to personal information, correction or deletion on thereof or suspension of processing of such information at any time.
2) The exercise of the rights under Paragraph 1 may be requested to the "Organizer" via e-mail, telephone or internet pursuant to Paragraph 1, Article 41 of the Enforcement Decree of the Personal Information Protection Act and the "Organizer" will take action without delay.
3) The exercise of rights under Paragraph 1 is possible through the legal representative or trustees, etc. of information subjects. In this case, they shall submit the power of attorney in accordance with the 11th formula enclosed in Enforcement Regulation of Personal Information Protection Act.
4) Requests for access and suspension of processing of personal information may be subject to restrictions on the rights of information subjects pursuant to Article 35 (5), and Article 37, (2) of the Personal Information Protection Act.
5) If other statutes stipulate particular personal information be collected, the subject of information shall not request the deletion thereof.
6) The “Organizer” confirms whether the person requesting access, correction*deletion, suspension of processing in accordance with the right of the information subject, is the person himself/herself or the authorized agent.
The "Organizer" processes the following personal information items.
-Name, e-mail address, contact number, enquires and so on
BIC Organizing Committee commissions and operates external professional companies as follows to fulfill the service.
1) Subject: GABIA Inc.
Contents: website, system management, web hosting
2) Subject: Event management agency for BIC Festival
Contents: conference operation, developers and visitors management
In principle, the "Organizer" shall destroy the personal information without delay once the purpose of processing personal information is achieved. The destruction procedure and method are as follows.
1. Destruction Procedure
The information entered by the user shall be transferred to a separate DB (separate documents in the case of paper) after the achievement of the purpose and will be stored for a certain period of time or destroyed immediately under the internal policy or relevant laws. At this time, the personal information transferred to the DB is not used for other purposes unless it is by law.
2. Destruction Method
Personal information stored in an electronic file format is deleted using a technique that cannot be played electronically and personal information printed on paper is either shredded through a shredder or destroyed by incineration.
1.Users have right to reject collection and use of personal information, and if it is not agreed, the user may not be able to use service.
2. Operation and rejection of Automatic date collection tools (e.g. cookie, etc)
User access frequency, visiting time, trend analysis. Managing event participants and so on.
2) How to reject an installation
You have a choice about installing cookies. Your web browser option allows you to "Allow all cookies" or "Prompt every time you save a cookie" or "Refuse to save all cookies."
However, if you refuse to install cookies, there may be difficulties in providing the service.
The “Organizer” designates a personal information protection manager to take overall responsibility for the management of personal information and to deal with complaints of information subjects and relief damages relevant to the personal information processing as below.
▶ Personal Information Protection Manager: Seo, Jeong Sook, Manager of Planning & Evaluation Office (+82-2-585-5506, email@example.com)